Happy 2017 from all of us at Codify Art! With the new year already in full swing, we ask that you consider making a donation to our organization, to support us in continuing to foreground queer, trans, and women artists of color. There's work to be made and work to be done, and we have a lot of plans for both. Help us make it happen.
Codify Art is aiming to raise $10K this year.
We were busy in 2016: maybe you swung by OUTLET Gallery during our show WORK. Or maybe you shared your time and talent with us at our Open Mic Night. Or maybe we caught up at Codify Connects, our community happy hour for QTPOC creators. The creative labor of QTPOC and WOC has always been an underrecognized but vital act of resistance. This year, we are looking to scale our programming to reach an even larger community when it is most necessary. Our work must continue and grow because of—and in spite of—the state of our State.
We encourage a $20–$50 contribution towards our goal
but appreciate anything you can give.
In the interest of transparency, our planned breakdown of uses for our $10k fundraising goal is as follows:
- $500—Printed materials for marketing and publicity including business cards and posters
- $500—Projector and Microphone for upcoming multidisciplinary collaborations aimed at community engagement
- $1000—To cover remaining balance for production costs from 2016 (printed materials, event supplies, etc.)
- $1000—Two $500 microgrants for QTPOC artists, to be distributed by application
- $2000—Venue booking and production costs for 2017 events
- $5000—Codify Saves: A Rainy Day Fund. For costs associated with opportunities that may come up throughout the year including application fees, venue booking, art supplies and materials.
Best wishes and solidarity to you and yours!